Date(s) - 03/09/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Launch of the Australasian Association for Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Equine Assisted Learning (AA-EAP-EAL)
With Special Guest & Keynote Speaker Nancy Parish-Plass
Founder of the Israeli Association of Animal Assisted Psychotherapy
AA-EAP-EAL was created for the four-fold purpose of –
- Developing the standards for EAP and EAL professional practice across Australasia
- Promoting EAP as a valid clinical modality
- Promoting EAL as a valid psychoeducational and personal development modality
- Advocating for welfare and wellbeing of horses in EAP and EAL.
This special Launch and event will celebrate and explore the role of AA-EAP-EAL across Australasia, and is aimed to start an inclusive dialogue and feedback loop about equine assisted practice and shared standards of practice, and, continue to achieve the above objectives.
This is a Catered Event that is open to the public and interested practitioners across models.
$40pp.Vegetarian/Vegan/Gluten free catered.
Keynote Speaker – Nancy Parish-Plass, Founder of the Israeli Association of Animal Assisted Psychotherapy.
Committee of Management (COM) includes representation across states and countries, and EAP and EAL representation, including – VIC, NSW, SA WA, TAS, and NZ –
- Deb Walker, President (QLD, Psychologist, EAP),
- Meg Kirby, Secretary, Treasurer (VIC, Mental Health Social Worker, EAP),
- Jeannie Young (NZ, Teacher, EAL),
- Bianca Stiawarski (SA, Counsellor, Life Coach, EAP),
- Tama Green (VIC, Youth Worker, Horse Coach, EAL),
- Michelle Roockley (TAS, EAL),
- Louise Atkinson (WA, Counsellor, Parelli Instructor, EAP)
- Sue Lamond (NSW, Counsellor, Masters Psychotherapy student, EAP)
- Noel Haarburger (VIC, Psychologist, EAP)
- Kylie Peters (NSW, Psychologist, EAP/ EFL)
Meet the members of the Association Management Committee, and discuss how we create an inclusive and purposeful association. We welcome you to become a critical part in shaping the future of our equine assisted field of practice. We want your views and feedback!
Website – with Constitution, Committee of Management profiles across VIC, NSW, WA, SA, TAS, NZ , Purpose statement and Objectives and Membership details.
AA-EAP-EAL Members are open to equine assisted practice students and certified EAP/ EFL EAL/EFL practitioners.