- This topic is empty.
- November 3, 2020 at 4:18 pm #4702Dana CarterGuest
by Lucy Ellmann
- ISBN: 9781910296974 (191029697X)
- Release date: July 4, 2019
- Publisher: Galley Beggar Press
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, novels, literature, american, womens
- Awards: Booker Prize Nominee (2019), James Tait Black Memorial Prize Nominee for Fiction (2019), Orwell Prize Nominee for Political Fiction for Shortlist (2020), The Royal Society of Literature Ondaatje Prize Nominee for Longlist (2020), Goldsmiths Prize (2019)
- Format: paperback, 1,022 pages
- Language: english
- Author: Lucy Ellmann
About The Book
LATTICING one cherry pie after another, an Ohio housewife tries to bridge the gaps between reality and the torrent of meaningless info that is the United States of America. She worries about her children, her dead parents, African elephants, the bedroom rituals of “happy couples”, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and how to hatch an abandoned wood pigeon egg. Is there some trick to surviving survivalists? School shootings? Medical debts? Franks ’n’ beans?
A scorching indictment of America’s barbarity, past and present, and a lament for the way we are sleepwalking into environmental disaster, Ducks, Newburyport is a heresy, a wonder — and a revolution in the novel.
It’s also very, very funny.
FB2 book Ducks, Newburyport buy cheap on PC. MP3 ebook Ducks, Newburyport Lucy Ellmann on Amazon. Online Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann read online on Dymocks.
EPUB Ducks, Newburyport download PocketBook. PDF book Ducks, Newburyport buy for iOS. Paperback ebook Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann read on Bookshop.
MOBI Ducks, Newburyport Lucy Ellmann download reader on Booktopia. TXT book Ducks, Newburyport. Hardback ebook Ducks, Newburyport read on Mac.