- This topic is empty.
- November 3, 2020 at 10:47 am #4618Rachel CarderGuest
On the Come Up
by Angie Thomas
- ISBN: 9780062498564 (0062498568)
- Genres: contemporary, fiction, music, teen, family
- Release date: February 5, 2019
- Publisher: Balzer + Bray
- Language: english
- Awards: Kirkus Prize Nominee for Young Readers’ Literature (2019), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Young Adult Fiction (2019), Carnegie Medal Nominee (2020), Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction & Poetry Nominee (2019)
- Format: hardcover, 464 pages
- Author: Angie Thomas
About The Book
Sixteen-year-old Bri wants to be one of the greatest rappers of all time. Or at least make it out of her neighborhood one day. As the daughter of an underground rap legend who died before he hit big, Bri’s got big shoes to fill. But now that her mom has unexpectedly lost her job, food banks and shutoff notices are as much a part of Bri’s life as beats and rhymes. With bills piling up and homelessness staring her family down, Bri no longer just wants to make it — she has to make it.
On the Come Up is Angie Thomas’s homage to hip-hop, the art that sparked her passion for storytelling and continues to inspire her to this day. It is the story of fighting for your dreams, even as the odds are stacked against you; of the struggle to become who you are and not who everyone expects you to be; and of the desperate realities of poor and working-class black families.
EPUB On the Come Up Angie Thomas download on Android. MOBI book On the Come Up read on Booktopia. FictionBook ebook On the Come Up on Kobo. FB2 book On the Come Up by Angie Thomas buy iOS.