- This topic is empty.
- November 4, 2020 at 3:09 am #5002Nicole ElkinsGuest
Interpreter of Maladies
by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Author: Jhumpa Lahiri
- Characters: Dev, Elliot, Miranda, Shobha, Lilia
- Genres: fiction, india, contemporary, literature, asia, adult
- Language: english
- Awards: Pulitzer Prize for Fiction (2000), PEN/Hemingway Foundation Award (2000), Puddly Award for Short Stories (2001)
- Release date: May 22, 2000
- Format: hardcover, 198 pages
- ISBN: 9780618101368 (0618101365)
- Places: Boston, Massachusetts, Kolkata, Odisha
About The Book
Librarian’s note: An alternate cover edition can be found here
Navigating between the Indian traditions they’ve inherited and the baffling new world, the characters in Jhumpa Lahiri’s elegant, touching stories seek love beyond the barriers of culture and generations. In “A Temporary Matter,” published in The New Yorker, a young Indian-American couple faces the heartbreak of a stillborn birth while their Boston neighborhood copes with a nightly blackout. In the title story, an interpreter guides an American family through the India of their ancestors and hears an astonishing confession. Lahiri writes with deft cultural insight reminiscent of Anita Desai and a nuanced depth that recalls Mavis Gallant.
FB2 ebook Interpreter of Maladies Jhumpa Lahiri read online. Online Interpreter of Maladies buy cheap on Kindle on Amazon. Paperback book Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri.