- This topic is empty.
- November 3, 2020 at 10:50 pm #4874Brenda AmmermanGuest
by Banana Yoshimoto, Megan Backus
- Author: Banana Yoshimoto, Megan Backus
- ISBN: 9780802142443 (0802142443)
- Places: Tokyo, Izu, Isehara
- Awards: Nihon University Department of Arts Prize (1986), Kaien magazine New Writer Prize (1987), Mishima Yukio Prize 三島由紀夫賞 Nominee (1988)
- Language: english
- Genres: fiction, japan, contemporary, asia, novels, literature, romance
- Publisher: Grove Press
- Release date: April 17, 2006
- Format: paperback, 160 pages
- Characters: Mikage Sakurai, Yūichi, Eriko
About The Book
Banana Yoshimoto’s novels have made her a sensation in Japan and all over the world, and Kitchen, the dazzling English-language debut that is still her best-loved book, is an enchantingly original and deeply affecting book about mothers, love, tragedy, and the power of the kitchen and home in the lives of a pair of free-spirited young women in contemporary Japan. Mikage, the heroine of Kitchen, is an orphan raised by her grandmother, who has passed away. Grieving, she is taken in by her friend Yoichi and his mother (who was once his father), Eriko. As the three of them form an improvised family that soon weathers its own tragic losses, Yoshimoto spins a lovely, evocative tale that recalls early Marguerite Duras. Kitchen and its companion story, “Moonlight Shadow,” are elegant tales whose seeming simplicity is the ruse of a writer whose voice echoes in the mind and the soul.
FB2 Kitchen Banana Yoshimoto download on Books-a-Million. TXT ebook Kitchen for iOS. FictionBook book Kitchen buy on Kindle on Audible. MOBI ebook Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto read online. MP3 book Kitchen on Powells.
Hardback Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto download iPhone. Paperback Kitchen buy cheap. PDF book Kitchen Banana Yoshimoto read on PocketBook on Walmart. Online ebook Kitchen Banana Yoshimoto for reader. Hardcover Kitchen download on Book Depository.